The Crow: Wildlife at its best
POINTS OF INTEREST:
Pick up and drop off from your hotel or apartment!
Off road to the nature park – birdwatching at Vrana lake!
The lookout Kamenjak with the magnificant view at the National park of Kornati and whole Vrana lake!
The traditional lunch in the domestic household in the hinterland!
Explore The Falcon center hidden in a pine forest!
Wine tasting in the local wine cellar!
Observe more than 250 sorts of birds!
We will pick you up in front of your hotel or some other place at the agreed time. We will start our tour driving on the main road towards town of Pakoštane. We will continue to the Lake Vrana. This lake is the largest one in Croatia which is designed as a nature park especially because it’s a natural habitat of birds. We are sure that this lake’s biodiversity, ecological and scientific value will leave you speechless! Stopping by the lake to observe/watch birds, where are more than 250 sorts found on this area. The ornithological reserve we will see accompanied with expert local guide or lake ranger.
Yusuf Mašković Han in Vrana was built in the 17th century and served for civilian purposes as a resting place. The facility is funded by Yusuf Mašković, high dignitary in the Turkish court, a native of Vrana. It is the westernmost monument of secular Turkish architecture in Europe. Sightseeing of Han, museum, templar fortress and notable cave of Karl Stipan with a source of drinking water is planned accompanied with professional guidance.
After sightseeing the han we’ll hit the road to reach the famous belvedere. This lookout called Kamenjak from which spreads the beautiful view on the lake, the Adriatic sea and Kornati archipelago. We will enjoy the stunning view at nautical paradise – Kornati islands and the view at whole Nature park Vransko Lake. We believe that you will always remember this view at 89 islands which are proclaimed National park without permanent settlements.
After the short break, we will continue off road with our jeeps. Stopping at domestic household to see farm animals, hear a lot of interesting stories about baking the traditional food such as "prisnac", making the cheese and wine in traditional way, and seize the opportunity of buying goat cheese, wine, local ham, olive oil and garlic. There we will see the stone walls, built without bonding ingredient, popularly called “dry walls”.
The next on our list is visiting the watchtower. The city who’s name means “the crow” is a very important place of Croatian history of the Middle Ages as the seat of the great ecclesiastical and secular power from the 11th to the 14th century and also the place where the Croatian royal crown with other valuables were kept. We will again sit in our jeeps to continue off road until arriving in the hinterland for the lunch. The lunch is planned at 2pm. To complete the traditional cuisine we will taste some wine in the local wine cellar!
The Falcon center is our final destination. A center is in a pine forest where you will be able, after the experience of birds in the wild, to discover mysterious life of the sky hunters at close.
Off road drive through the villages of Zagora on our return to the hotel. Greeting a new friends with a goodbye with the hope of reunion at some of other daily tours.
TOTAL PRICE: 55,00 EUR / 420,00 HRK
Pick up: 08:00 - 08:30
Discounts: 0-5 gratis, 5-12 years 50%
Duration: 7-8 hours
The price includes the following:
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel or apartment
- Round trip transfer by jeep Nissan Terrano
- Entrance fee for Kamenjak belvedere, Ornithological reserve and Turkish han with expert local park ranger (optional)
- Tour guide
- Road tolls, parking, VAT and all taxes
- Free bottle of water (0,5 l)
The price does not include the following:
- Traditional lunch in the household
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fee for Falcon center (optional)
- Travel insurance
- Tips for the guide
- Any extra arrangements
- Anything not mentioned under “the price includes”
- Entrance fee for Falcon center (optional) 35,00 HRK (cca 4,70 euros)
- The lunch in the domestic household 85,00 HRK (cca 12 euros)
- All prices per person.
The price of lunch includes:
- Before lunch the aperitive will be served (domestic rakija) and an appetizer with olive oil and cheese.
- The lunch is consists of baked dishes, several types of meat, domestic potatos and vegetables in the authentic tavern/stone house in the olive grove and tasting the local wine.
- During the lunch one bottle of white wine and one bottle of red wine will be served. All the other drinks are optional.